Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Advent Calendars for My Girls

My good friend Amy from Craftster.org made the most fantastic Steampunk advent calendar last year around Christmastime. After seeing that, I got a huge bee in my bonnet about making a more traditional version for each of my girls. Although I found the paper maché boxes in November of 2010, I didn't finish these up until this fall.

I did my best to make them similar, but different enough so the girls can tell whose is whose. Here's what I made for my older daughter: 

And here's the calendar for my younger daughter:

The background papers are all from Graphic45, and the images are mostly from Alpha Stamps

I kept the sides and back simple, just using coordinating papers:

Hopefully the girls will use these for many years to come.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautifully done! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm still in the middle of making mine and so I've thrown my hands in the air and decided that I'll just have to get it done in time for next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...