Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Trick or Treater Hanger

I'm always wondering what I'm going to do with all the lids I remove from all those Altoids tins. I took this one and made a little Halloween hanging. I covered the front and back with heavy scrapbook paper, added an altered photograph of two little girls. Before I added the orange tinsel to the side, I punched a couple of holes in the top of the tin so I could wire a beaded hanger. At the bottom, I used a "trick or treat" icon and a gold bat charm.

I had the hardest time photographing this tin. The background behind the girls is actually a nice solid black. I need a desk top photo studio! Hopefully I'll get one for my birthday, which is coming up very soon.

Here's another try at getting that background to show up correctly.
If I get that tabletop studio, I'll try to get a better photo.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to use those lids. This is really adorable - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...