Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holders

I love giving gift cards, but I hate just handing over a plain card. I want there to be some sort of little gift involved. This year, here's the way I'm presenting some of the gift cards I'm giving away: in little stockings! Alpha Stamps has some chipboard stockings that were specially sized for gift cards. And after the card is gone, the stockings can be used as ornaments.

I layered lots of strips of scrapbook paper to get the stripey effect. The back of the stocking has a little pocket that the card fits in.

Here's a detail of one of the stockings. I used Dazzles Black Thin Lines Stickers cut into small pieces to mimic the stitching on the heel, toe, and top of the stocking. And don't forget the jingle bells!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...