Luckily for me, I had a frame I had purchased at Ikea a while back. The mat was cut to the perfect size for those 16 inchies. The frame was a nice light plain wood, but since we're talking circus, I painted it white with red stripes and then sanded it down a bit to distress it. I used several tiny star sequins in the inchies, so I glued a little silver star on each white stripe as well. Plain frame on the left; painted on the right.
Here's was the first look I had of the framed inchies. I like it, but somehow it needed more. After all, the circus is about excess! (Cell phone photo = not the best quality.)
I took it back to the craft room and looked around for some Dresden trim. I love this light turquoise I found. Matching up the corners nicely took some doing, but I think the trim looks great. Each corner also got a little star. Done!
Here's the art in its new home. My parents made this plant stand for me for Christmas years ago. Now she finally has something to look at!