Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Adventures in Needle Felting: Mouse and Squirrel

This weekend, I went on a retreat with a large group of people from Craftster.org. We had such a great time. Several people volunteered to give classes, and one of the classes I took was needle felting, something I've never done before. We were given all the supplies we needed, and our amazing instructor had us all make squirrels. Even though we were all rank amateurs, we did pretty well, in my unbiased opinion.

Well, I had roving left over, so I decided to try my hand at doing a little mouse.

His tail is a pipe cleaner wrapped with embroidery floss, which enables him to stand.

 If it's hot outside, a drink umbrella is the perfect size to shade him from the sun's hot rays.

He's a wee little thing!

And here's the squirrel (Dexter) that started it all. Needle felting is fun!
Cheeky bugger.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Needle felting is so fun. You can needle felt onto wool felt images. Last year I needle felted miniature landscapes that I embroidered and beaded for a mini book. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the cutest little critters EVER!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...