Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Drinking All Day

This month's Alpha Stamps kit is "Fruit Paradise". Now, I like fruit as well as the next guy, but for some strange reason, when I got the kit, which consists of fruity scrapbook paper, tabbed book pages, pockets, and binder rings, all I could think of was fruity drinks. And fruity drinks led to boozy housewives. I used part of a quote I found on the "Bitchy Words" collage sheet, "I love you like I've been drinking all day", which inspired me to use the tabbed pages of the book to denote morning, noon, and night. That's because I cut out the first phrase of that quote, and now my little book is titled  "I've been drinking all day." After all, you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning, amIrite?

I made covers for the book out of thin cardboard, and used foam tape to bump up the cherries and the peach for a little dimension on the front cover. The ric rac gives it a bit of a vintage flair.

The pages are filled with fruity images, bitchy words, and fun housewives. I changed the grocery list on the image on the right to be a liquor store list. You know it's going to be a wild day when you're looking forward to "wine o'clock" early in the morning!

A pocket page holds the recipe for a Tipsy Smoothie, both tasty and healthy. Hey, it's got fruit in it! The pocket page shown is designed to have two pockets: one on the front and one on the back. For my purposes, I trimmed the back pockets off before constructing and decorating.

Now it's noon. I used a lot of patterned paper scraps to layer and frame collage sheet images. This is a great way to use stash!

Lunchtime! Let's enjoy some Champagne Lemonade. Oops, I almost spelled "lemonade" wrong on the recipe card, and my writing's gotten a tad sloppy. I blame those early morning smoothies!

Night. More layered scraps. And what's this? Too much orange juice in the vodka? The horror!

Oops, in this recipe you can really see the effects of those Orange Crush cocktails. I usually have much better penmanship....

The end. I used the little metal embellishments on the front and back cover to hide the seams where the ric rac comes together.

The recipes pull out for easy use. And I must leave you with a full disclaimer: no alcohol was consumed in the making of this project. In fact, I found all the recipes online and haven't actually tried any of them. I just thought they seemed like good morning, noon, and night drink candidates. That doesn't mean I won't be trying them sometime, though. Remember folks, drink responsibly!
For a list of supplies from Alpha Stamps, click here. Cheers!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...