Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Circus Train and Alpha Stamps Halloween Challenge

I had a few small shrines left, so I made a circus train. This one is similar to the circus parade I made a while back, but I decided to actually hook this one together. I used some brads with eyeholes, and large gold jump rings. I like the way it joins the little cars together.

I really love working small. This little train is only 5 inches long. Here's a photo of the back, with a quarter for scale:
The only thing I'd change is to make those alphabet beads read the same on the front and back. It's a little silly to have the word "circus" upside down on the back side, but what are you going to do?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just about everything I used to make this little train came from Alpha Stamps. Want to get to know them better? Check out this new giveaway challenge they're sponsoring now! Create a great piece of Halloween art, and receive a wonderful Hocus Pocus Halloween Kit, chock full of Halloween goodies. You can submit up to three entries, so what are you waiting for? I'm planning on starting my first project later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...