Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Get Well, For A Friend

I have a friend who will be undergoing open heart surgery next month. His lovely wife had the great idea to purchase an old medical journal that she is going to alter for him. Sort of a giant get well card that he can have while he's in the hospital. She's asked several people to do a page and send it to her, so she can tip them into the book. Here's the page I sent.

It's a little smaller sized than the actual book, which is 6 3/4" by 10", so that there will be a little white space around the edges when it's inserted. The tag sticking out of the hospital gown says "happy heart". When you pull it out, there's a little heart with a bandaid on it.

I hope when he receives this special book, he'll realize how many people love him and wish him well.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this with all my heart...get it heart...I crack myself up1

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a nice idea! Your page is great. I love the removable heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's fabulous. Very sassy 'stach and knees ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful!! He does look sharp. The happy heart is adorable. I'm working on my page today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...