Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another Cab Card Curiosity: The Family

As promised, here's the other cabinet card I designed for the Alpha Stamps swap. This one starts as a nice family portrait on the outside. It's hinged on the bottom, and held closed with a ribbon.

When you open it though, you see that this family has some rather disturbing members: old (and somewhat creepy) dolls, and large baby-headed men:

The figures standing in front are attached so that they pop out when the card is opened, for a 3D effect:

Cracked baby heads are a priority here!

This was one of the more challenging assignments for me, but I really enjoyed it once I got my head around it! Now, on to Halloween. I got a box full of creepy Halloween art supplies in the mail yesterday, and I can't wait to get started.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin,
    Remember me? I had asked if it would be ok to mention and link to your tutorial on the altoids tin? Well, I have just posted about MY altoid tin and wanted you to know I included your tutorial and mentioned your website too.

    happy crafting and thank you for all the inspiration!
    http://mariefriddle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I love cabinet cards... I didn't even know what they were! Racky, you make me want to try new things ALL THE TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...