Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Night Circus Memory Box

A good friend of mine gave me the book "Night Circus", and I absolutely loved it. Recently, I received a 3" memory box from Alpha Stamps, and decided a Night Circus theme would be just the thing to bring it to life. Here's the finished project:

It started out looking like this:

I painted the box black, and then covered the sides with striped scrapbook paper. I then added a border at the top, cut from contrasting paper. Images from a circus collage sheet (also from Alpha Stamps) were cut to fit. I punched out a few orange stars, and then added small seed beads at the tips of all the banners.

The legs were painted and distressed wooden candle cups, and the top finial was made with a wooden egg cup and a large wooden ball, also painted to match. I found the hinge (after much looking!) at Home Depot. Score!
Front:

And the sides: 
 If you haven't yet read "Night Circus", you should definitely add it to your reading list!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...