Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Fairy Lantern

I got a little black lantern from Alpha Stamps, and decided to alter it using a fun collage sheet designed by my very talented friend, Nichola Battilana.
Here's the lantern, before. Isn't it cute?
And after:
I painted white stripes with gesso, and filled the lantern with moss and faux flowers. The tiny fairies fit right in! (It was easiest to make this by removing the back panel of glass in the lantern.) I then took tiny triangles of paper and glued them onto thread to make colorful banners to string all around the top of the lantern and along the back.
Copic markers gave the white daisy ribbon coordinating centers. I sure love those markers!
I've known Nichola, creater of the fairy collage sheet, through Craftster for years. She does the most amazing magical work. If you get a chance, check out her blog, Pixie Hill. She made some fairy lanterns, too. I think it's funny that she also put a pennant banner on one of hers. Great minds, and all that.  

3 comments:

  1. I love it ... I envy people who can take something plain and just make it magical.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    I didn't know any other way to contact you so I am leaving this comment. I have a question about a project you did, I think in 2005, making gift bags from newspaper. Could you tell me if you have a copyright on this process? I would like to make some of these to sell at craft fairs. If it is all right with you, may I do so?

    Thanks!
    Theresa V
    dlscajun1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fairy garden in a lantern. How clever! Pixie Hill is one of my favorite blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...