Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Black Cat

My favorite swaps to do on Craftster are always the Halloween swaps, and especially the Vintage Halloween swap. I can't resist doing those just about every year. Here's what I made for my swap partner this year. It's about 8" tall, made from paperclay on a foil armature. The star stand is the bottom of a paper maché box.
 

My partner mentioned on the signup form that she like black cats, bats, and pumpkins, so I got in all three. The ruffle around his neck was originally white, so I colored it with a Copic marker.

The back:

And a little closeup of his face, just for fun.

Want to see what my partner sent to me? This awesome seated skeleton, nestled in an old cheese box:

Detail:

That pretty much sums up why I love the Vintage Halloween swap over on Craftster!

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are both priceless treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are both wonderful, what amazingvintage Halloween treasures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...