Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Little Houses, All In a Row

I love these new Tiny Little Shadowbox Houses from Alpha Stamps. There are four different sizes of them, and they come in pieces, which makes them easy to decorate and put together. I like to cover the insides with paper before constructing them; it's so much easier than trying to get my big ole hands in there once the tiny house is built.

These houses would make excellent little shrines, but for this art, I did most of the decor on the outside of the box. I used some muted toned papers for the roofs and sides, then added paint, my favorite images from some Alpha Stamps collage sheets, some rub-on transfers, and a Stabilo pencil to add shading and depth.

I kept the open part in the back simple, because you never know what might find its way into one of these little houses. Around Easter time, it may be a family of rabbits.

At other times, it could be any sort of thing, like a Frozen Charlotte or a miniature chalkware dog.

So although I'll probably mostly display the kids' sides, it's nice to know I can arrange and rearrange the insides whenever I want to switch things up.

For a complete list of supplies, click here!

1 comment:

  1. I adore your beautiful tiny houses. It's nice to see one of the doggies displayed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...