Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Fish House

In continuing on with the summer themed craft projects, I took a folding house shrine from Alpha Stamps and created "The Fish House". When it's all folded up, it looks like a house made of waves. I couldn't resist adding a small window on the side.

The roof is made of corrugated cardboard with the top thin layer of paper removed. A different bathing beauty is featured on the back.

When the house is opened up, it's apparent why I named it The Fish House (or at least I hope it is!)

The King of Fish watches over his kingdom from the center panel, while his loyal subjects collect the perfect fish from the surrounding ocean. He has put those bathing beauties to work! Here's my favorite panel. She's so proud of the catch of the day.

The house is hinged together with washi tape, while the striped outline on the top and bottom of the panels is made from thin strips of the scrapbook paper used in the striped panels. 

Here's the outer view of the opened house, but I have to admit that I'm still partial to the king and his helpers of The Fish House. 

For a complete list of supplies, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...