Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Tiny Bakery Box and Book

This month's new Alpha Stamps kit contains the cutest little bakery box you have ever seen! At 2.5" x 2.5", it fits perfectly in the palm of your hand. (I can't help thinking that it would be the perfect size for an American Girl doll.) The box is easy to put together and fun to decorate. Who wants fresh baked donuts?


I gently removed the window cellophane on the box lid in order to trim the decorative paper added to the top of the box. Once that paper was trimmed, I replaced the cellophane and added a picture of yummy donuts so they'd show through the window. Mmm! Tiny polymer clay cake slices make a fun swirly design element for the box top.
 
Polka dot paper on the inside top of the box hides the back of the donut photo. I just happened to have the perfect sized chunky book that fit in this little box, so I altered it with Delicious Scrapbook papers and vintage housewives.
 
The cover and the pages:
 
Before I glued anything down, I lightly sanded the glossy papers to help the glue adhere. I decided to paint the cardboard edges after I finished gluing everything down, but a wiser person would have painted those page edges before gluing. Next time I'll plan ahead.

Such fun background papers, and who doesn't love a happy housewife? The woman on the right seems to be silently contemplating smashing that poor fella's head into the pot.
 
 Hey fellas, look at all that tasty grub. Someone's been working hard in the kitchen today.

What will go in your tiny box? For a complete list of supplies (minus the chunky book) click here!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...