Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Underbelly

I've been working hard on a "Wicked Circus" altered Altoid tin, but I can't post that until I send it out (it's for a Craftster swap). So, I'll have to entertain you with more "in progress" shots of the table. Here's a photo of the bottom of the top of the table. You can see how the cabinet doors were cut and pieced. We attached the new pieces to the routed edge with pocket screws. Activity still to come: routing the border between the parts for the accent strip.

One thing I'm sure Kurt would like me to mention is the incredible amount of bracing he's added to the table. It's gone from a scary wobbly piece of furniture into the sturdy piece it deserves to be. He's so good at what he does. Slowly but surely, it's coming along!

Meanwhile, I'm going to be working on a tiny mint tin today, and sending it off on Monday, so later this week, I can post it here. Happy daylight savings day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...