Design team member of Alpha Stamps, lover of ephemera and junk.

Welcome! Grab a cold one, kick off your shoes, and have a look around.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can't Stop With the Tins

I don't know why I never got the idea on my own to remove the lids of Altoid tins, but ever since I saw one with the lid removed, I have been crazy about altering them. Here's my lastest, "Dunce". This image came from a cheesy "gift book" that I picked up at the thrift store. I just love those two sad dunce boys! I cut it to fit and then mounted their legs on some foam core so they could serve as the base of the tin.
The paper in the background is an old school assignment from one of my daughters, and I chewed the pencils myself, in sacrifice to the piece. The little flashcards are from Tim Holtz, and the banner is stamped onto notebook paper and then threaded on some baker's twine. I love that twine! I may need more of that in my life.

Side view, so you can see the dimension:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...